What is .XAPK File?
XAPK is a standard zip format which contains Android App Bundles, or installation package (.apk), OBB, cache asserts and other data files to make sure the app download to an Android and run successfully. Google Play Store has a limitation on the app file size, therefore for the app over 100MB, developers can use XAPK file format to allow users download the APK file on Android without corruption. There are two types of .XAPK files right now as below shows.
1. Google Play hosts the expansion files for your app and serves them to the device at no cost to you. The expansion files can be any format you choose (ZIP, PDF, MP4, etc.) and they usually contain additional resources required by your app.
To make it simple, XAPK = APK + OBB data + Cache + App Icon and Miscellaneous Info.
2. The other XAPK file format is made of Android App Bundle to generate and serve optimized APKs for each user’s device configuration. Each APK is a complete and independent version of the app, but they share the same application and package name, and be signed with the same release key. This new upload format of XAPK file allows users to get smaller, more optimized downloads because they download only the code and resources they need to run the app.
How to Install .XAPK File on Android?
1. Using a XAPK Installer pro
The X Installer is a simple App which does all the work for you. It scans all the .apk and .xapk files on Android. The App automatically extracts the .obb data file and stores it in a preferred location. It then installs the APK file, thus you do not need to worry about any package or .obb file error on Android. The App can scan all the available files on Android and help in the installation of the same. So basically, the x installer will do the same for xapk files as apk installer does for apk files.
- can and preview all .apk file on your phone and SD Card
- Delete or install APKs automatically
2. Using APKPure App
APKPure is a popular Android App hosting website. They also have an App by the same name. You can download the APKPure App and then tap on the xapk file. The rest of the operation will be performed by the App itself. The APKPure App will automatically extract the files from the .xapk file and then will install the App on your Android device. You do not need to manually extract any of the files which may lead to installation error if done wrong.
3. Manually Changing the File Extension
Step 1. Once you download the xapk file, open the File Manager App.
Step 2. Locate the .XAPK file and rename the extension to .zip
Step 3. Now download the RAR App from Google Play Store.
Step 4. In RAR App locate the .zip file and extract the files (Unzip).
Step 5. Now copy the .obb file which may be like com.gamexxxxx.obb into the preferred location;
Step 6. Install the APK and the App will automatically collect the resource from the obb data file and work as intended. Cheers!
4. Using a Computer PC
If you have downloaded the file on your laptop or computer then you can follow the steps below.
- Download and install the Pure APK Install on PC (.exe file).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android. (For steps see last)
- Now connect your Android phone with PC using a USB Cable.
- Open the Pure APK Install App and locate the .xapk app.
- Now select your preferred storage location to install the App. Then click “Install button” to start your App installation.
- The App and obb data file will automatically install on your Android device. Cheers!
5. Using Uptodown App
Uptodown is same as XAPK installer or APKPure App. It will scan all the APKs and XAPKs on your device. To install the X file all you need to do is tap on .xapk file and the Uptodown will extract the file and install the App for you.
How to Enable USB Debugging?
You may need to enable USB debugging if you wish to connect the PC and Android via USB cable for critical activity and data transfer.
- To enable USB debugging.
- Scroll down to About phone
- Tap 7-8 times on About phone to unlock Developers option.
- Now under Settings, in developers option Enable USB Debugging. Right, check ‘Always’ if prompted.
How to Fix XAPK Validation Failed?
If you see this error when trying to open any game or App than all you need is to grant all the permissions to the App. To do so, Go to Settings → App/App Manager → Locate the App/Game → Grant All the Permissions to the App/Game.
Clear all tabs and reopen the game, the issue will be solved.
Conclusion: With the XAPK file you can download the large Android files in a compressed format and install them on your Android mobile without any error or complications. XAPK files direct installation may not be supported in some older version of Android, therefore, you need to try the manual method of App installation.