Google messenger is a great app developed by google for android.There are many reasons why you might want to schedule texting using Google Messages. You may want to remind your husband to let the dog out in the morning, or maybe you want to confirm that you are still having a drink date with a group of friends. Either way, scheduling that message is actually pretty easy.
However, before we get into the tutorial, you need to know one thing quickly. This is a relatively new feature of the Messages app, so some may not already be. If you try these steps and get stuck, you probably haven’t seen a server-side update that enables this feature. You will need to wait for the update before it works properly.
How to schedule a message using Google Messages
- Open the Messages app on your phone and start a new one or import an existing one.
- Enter the message you want to schedule as usual but don’t press the send button.
- After composing a message, touch and hold the send button, it will start the scheduled messaging feature.
- You can choose to send your messages at a predefined number of times. On the contrary, you can choose the exact time you choose.
- If you choose to set up your own schedule, you’ll see a calendar and time selector. Fill it up with the appropriate information.
- If everything looks good, press “Save”. You will then see the selected date and time above your message and a new clock icon on the send button.
- Hit the send button and your message is scheduled.
If you’re looking to schedule Google Messages to be sent, these instructions will suit the different types of messages you send. In other words, it doesn’t matter if they’re SMS, MMS or Chat. You can schedule whatever you like.
Remember that your phone needs to be connected to mobile data and / or Wi-Fi when messages are scheduled to be broadcast. If it is not, the message will not be sent. Make sure your settings are correct!